Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Perfect Day!

Yawn!!!! It's one of those days today and I am the perfect moose for it. There's a crisp fall breeze blowing the leaves, we're expecting up to 3 inches of rain and some of it is hitting the windows already, and there's a bit of a chill in the air. Luckily, I am a domesticated moose and live indoors. Today I am going to do what many people wish they could be doing...




Nick - Rest and relaxation at last!

My name is Nick. Many years ago, Poppy and Moo were shopping at the Army Navy Surplus store and found my brother Andy and I.
My brother Andy

We were carried in a bag with our faces and antlers sticking out (for breathing and communication purposes). We soon learned this to be a very common moose mode of transportation when being taken to our new abode. We knew for sure we were moving to a better place. Our antlers were twitching and we couldn't wait to get home to Chris' new house! We were amazed at the size of the place especially since we had spent months on a single shelf with not much room to roam. In our new house with Chris and the rest of the family life was good, that's for sure.
Then to my suprise, Poppy and Moo's nephew, who was just a little human at the time, made me an extraordinary present! He went to his basement and built a special bed just for me and my extra long legs. I have a special pillow for my head that is antler friendly, and since I have my winter fur already I don't need a blanket. What a kid! Today he's an army soldier. He's come a long way from being a little human and we've come a long way in our own fun-loving moose world.
I think now I'll grab that nap and watch some TV! Yawn! It's a perfect day for it on my perfect bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment