Monday, October 10, 2011

Pool-side Moose

Culloden


My name is Culloden. I know by my name I sound like I should be from Scotland, but I am originally from England. I remember coming over here to the states, flying in a plane for the first time, and going through customs at the airport. I was adopted by my Poppy and Moo and now live in a cool, cool house!  When I first found out America was going to be my new home I was very excited, but I still keep an antler focused on news from across The Pond.  That's where I learned about this moose!

  As reported in the UK's DailyMail...some moose can't swim...really?!   I know we can't do the back stroke, but I think we all know how to swim...the moose-paddle is one of the easiest moves to do.   Actually if it wasn't for the pool cover this moose would probably still be enjoying  his day in the water.  This poor moose was in the wrong pool but at the right time.  City workers came to his rescue!  And this happened right here in the USA...For the love of moose!  I love this country!

A moose stuck in a swimming pool was rescued by nine people on Friday.

Police and firefighters were called to a New Hampshire home after the animal was found floundering in the pool, unable to get out.

The pool's owner George Trapotsis was shocked to discover the stranded beast, adding he had not seen a moose in his garden the entire 35 years he had lived at the property.





Speaking to WMUR.com, Mr Trapotsis said: 'This train-like noise came through the fence and dove right into the pool.

'He tore the cover, got entangled and just couldn't move.'

Jack Pushee of New Hampshire Fish and Game, joked: 'I didn’t get trained on how to do this, that’s for sure.

'There’s a first for everything.'

At around 12 pm, nine rescuers - including police, firemen and fish and game officials - attached ropes to the stricken animal and began pulling it out of the pool.






Although the animal was distressed during the rescue it appeared fine after escaping the pool, trotting off back into the woods.

Despite the damage, Mr Trapotsis remained stoical about the incident.

He added: 'Between the cover, the liner, the steps, the fence - now the reality sets in.

'It had to happen so people could see something amazing, something extraordinary, something that will never happen again in a century.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047012/Moose-fell-swimming-pool-saved-men-rope.html#ixzz1aOrQcF9i

No comments:

Post a Comment